A local petrol station business set up costs range in the region of R15 million and R100 million depending on the size and site. Further to this the operation payable to the oil company ranges between R2. 5 million and R15 million, depending on the cost to develop, projected volumes and profitability.
How do I buy a petrol station in South Africa?
Requirements to Buy a Petrol Station Example
- Selling Price of business R 5 000 000.00 net profit +- R 120,000 pm.
- Plus: Stock R 600 000.00.
- Plus Working Capital R 500 000.00.
- Other: e.g. Training, Licence application, etc. …
- Oil company fuel guarantee R800,000.
- TOTAL Funding Requirement R 7 000 000.00.
How much does it cost to start a petrol station?
It annually costs $250,000 to operate and you will need around $160,000 annually to buy and stock products. At the end of the year, you might have a profit of around $90,000 and above after expenses.
How much does a petrol station make per month in South Africa?
The convenience store adds to the cost of the station, but according to Engen in this case it generates R309,000 in average monthly turnover. At the top end of the scale you can expect to pay closer to R7 million for an Engen.
What is the cheapest franchise to start in South Africa?
8 South African franchises you can open for less than R1 million
- Debonairs – from R900,500.
- Wilcote – from R520,000.
- 3@1 Business Centre – from R695,000 (ex VAT)
- Zebro’s – from R949,000.
- H20 International – from R325,000 (excluding VAT)
- The Bed Shop – from R500,000.
- Sorbet – from R1 million.
What is the most profitable business in South Africa?
Profitable Business Opportunities in South Africa
- 1- Mobile Restaurant: …
- 2- Budget Clothing Shop: …
- 3- Business Setup Adviser: …
- 4- Financial Adviser: …
- 5- Niche Website/Information Portal: …
- 6- Selling Online: …
- 7- Foreign Cuisine Restaurant: …
- 8- Web Design/Development:
How much money is earned from a petrol pump in one month?
How much money does petrol pump owner make in India?
|Net profit||Rs 3,58,000 Monthly|
|Average sales per month||400000 Litre|
|Your commission per litre||Rs 3.0/litre|
|Gross earning||Rs 5,70,000 per month|
How do petrol stations make money?
Petrol stations don’t make much money
Retailers try to make about 4-5p per litre, but out of that they have to pay staff, business rates and corporation tax. Fuel stations often depend heavily on sales from the shop – a retailer can make more on selling a Costa coffee than on 40 litres of fuel. ‘
Which company petrol is best?
Top 6 Brands of Petrol Pumps in India
- Indian Oil. Indian Oil Corporation is the biggest oil company and also India’s most profitable state-owned company. …
- Bharat Petroleum. …
- Hindustan Petroleum. …
- Reliance Petroleum. …
- Shell. …
- Essar Oil. …
- Upcoming Oil Companies and Petrol Pumps in India. …
How do I start a petrol business?
The procedure and formalities for opening a petrol pump business in India is as follows:
- Eligibility Criteria for Opening a Petrol Pump in India. …
- Land Requirement. …
- Investment and Fees. …
- Application for License. …
- Obtaining Certificates. …
- Obtain Business Loan for Working Capital Needs.
What is the profit margin on fuel?
Generally, the markup (or “margin”) on a gallon of gas is about 15 cents per gallon (gross profit before expenses). Factoring in expenses, which include rent, utilities, freight, labor and credit card fees, a retailer is left with about 2 cents per gallon in profit.
Which brand of petrol is best in South Africa?
This is according to the South African Customer Satisfaction Index (SAcsi), which noted a satisfaction score of 78.6 out of 100.
Best and worst petrol stations in South Africa.