Natural gas is extremely reliable, unlike electric power that can be knocked out during a storm. Natural gas is less expensive than other fossil fuels. The U.S. supply of natural gas is plentiful and helps to decrease our dependence on foreign oil supplies.
Which of these is an advantage of using natural gas instead of another fossil fuel?
Explanation: Natural Gas Is Considered A Renewable Energy Source, Which Means It Is Safer For The Environment. The Other Answer Choices Are For Nonrenewable Energy Sources Like Fossil Fuel.
What are the advantages of using natural?
Using plants, natural baskets, wool or fiber rugs, and wood furniture makes a home, office, or classroom look warm and helps bring the effortless beauty of the outdoors in. It’s sustainable. Natural materials typically last longer and hold up better to everyday wear and tear, than their man made counterparts.
What are the advantages of natural gas Class 8?
What are the advantages of Natural Gas?
- Natural Gas is a cleaner fuel. …
- It can be easily stored and transferred through pipelines.
- It is relatively more abundant than other fossil fuels i.e. coal and petroleum.
- It is also a safer fuel, as it is lighter than air and dissipates rather than exploding.
What are 3 disadvantages of natural gas?
Disadvantages of Natural Gas
- Natural gas is a nonrenewable resource. As with other fossil energy sources (i.e. coal and oil) natural gas is a limited source of energy and will eventually run out. …
- Storage. …
- Natural Gas Emits Carbon Dioxide. …
- Natural gas can be difficult to harness.
What is a disadvantage of coal?
The major disadvantage of coal is its negative impact on the environment. Coal-burning energy plants are a major source of air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. In addition to carbon monoxide and heavy metals like mercury, the use of coal releases sulfur dioxide, a harmful substance linked to acid rain.
What are the four uses of natural gas?
Use of natural gas
- Home heating through natural gas furnaces.
- Warming water in hot water heaters.
- Cooking food on barbecues and gas-burning stoves.
- Operating gas fired fireplaces.
What is the main use of natural gas?
Most U.S. natural gas use is for heating and generating electricity, but some consuming sectors have other uses for natural gas. The electric power sector uses natural gas to generate electricity and produce useful thermal output.